Hon. Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro
– That Eti-Osa Federal constituency embodies 19 various barracks which include Army, Navy, Air force, Police and Prison.
– Aware that the various military and Para-military barracks serves as a major pillar in the sustenance of security and maintenance of peace in the country.
– Also aware that I embarked on familiarization of your 19 (nineteen) barracks within the Federal constituency.
– Concerned with the deplorable and inhabitable condition of the structure within the various barracks.
Further concerned with the lack of water supply and the likelihood of an epidemic outbreak within the barracks and entire Eti-Osa Federal Constituency due to the environmental decay.
I was appalled at the extent of decay when I saw the condition which members of our military and Para-military with members of their family are living.
Worried that this negligence of the welfare of the barracks is affecting their physical and psychological wellbeing of the security personnel thereby endangering the safety of all.
1. Urge the House to mandate the relevant committees to ensure the prompt rehabilitation of the aforementioned barracks.
2. The relevant committees should be mandated to relate to the various military and paramilitary formations to identify all barracks affected by such decay and negligence.
3. Mandate the relevant Committees to go on oversight to the barracks for on the spot assessment.